Updated: Oct 25, 2021
This pandemic period sitting at home idle, doing absolutely nothing? or then again oh gracious, the end of the week is approaching nearer and you have got no plans! Are you worn out from feeling boredom?
Then, at that point this is the best and ideal opportunity to explore something new and bring out the creative side of you, we are here with some exceptionally incredible home-decor DIY projects, which won't just assist you in redesigning and upgrading your space to some reasonably lesser sum yet will likewise make you productive.
These are some extremely ingenious DIY home-decor ventures that you can attempt at your home regardless of whether you're not generally good at art and crafts because these are very simple yet beautiful creative ideas that would make your home look incredibly remarkable and will leave people in awe!
So, let's get our hands dirty with certain innovative projects, all you need while doing these exercises is some basic crafts and art skills, some investment of time and a few supplies, however, we do comprehend that you can't simply escape your home to purchase supplies so for your convenience we have attached the links for the supplies that you will require for the projects. So, you like a project, and need to perform it however you are out of supplies? Just hit the link underneath right away and flaunt your creative skills.
1. DIY temporary washi tape wallpaper
Supplies that you require:
• Washi Tape.
• Measuring tape.
1. Grab a measuring tape and measure 2 cm.
2. Mark the 2cms that you previously measured on the measuring tape on the surface you are willing to design with a pencil.
3. Create any design with a pencil as per your preference. Some examples that you could use are hexagonal honeycomb design, squares, triangles or just simple horizontal or vertical lines.
4. Choose the washi tapes as per your desire and organize them in a sequence you are willing to see on your surface.
5. The designs that you have previously marked with the pencil, stick the washi tapes to them with precision.
Tada! Your surface has a whole new look, within a couple of instants. You can make any surface of your house including your cupboards, windows, doors or walls attractive using this technique.
2. DIY aromatic candles
Supplies that you require:
• Beeswax/ candle wax.
• Water bath.
• Candle wicks.
• Aromatic essence.
• Color (optional)
• Glass/ jar.
1. Grab a bowl, put some candle wax/ beeswax in it and arrange it on a water bath (double-boiling method: take a vessel filled with water, in it set your bowl filled with wax and heat it) until the wax inside the bowl isn't entirely melted, or you can just put it inside a microwave for 2 to 4 minutes.
2. Take a small amount of wax that is melted and put a drop of it under the candlewick plate (the silver color plate-like structure present at the bottom of the candlewick) and place the candlewick in the jar/bottle and let it sit for 3 to 5 seconds until the wax under the wick is solidified. Now your wick is all set.
3. Now, add 2 to 3 drops of aromatic essence into your bowl of melted candle wax and add some food color or candle color if you have any and stir it.
4. The next step is to pour your melted wax into the jar/bottle.
5. Let the wax set, you can either put it in a refrigerator so that it can set quickly or you can wait for up to 2 to 3 hours and it will set on its own.
Your truly beautiful yet brilliant candles are ready which will not only make your space brighter but furthermore will refresh it with the aroma.
3. Family picture wall clock
Supplies that you require:
• 12 any printed pictures of your choice with frames.
• Clock machine.
• Glue/ double-sided tape.
1. Take the 1st picture frame and mark the first spot with a pencil where you would like to fix it.
2. Draw a sphere and take a scale and mark 2"× 2" on a cardboard sheet and cut it out. This cardboard can be used as a spacer- a spacing device.
3. Using the spacer, Mark the point from the first frame leaving the 2"×2" space and mark the spot this will be the spot where your 2nd frame goes.
4. The diagram below will help you to understand what you exactly need to do; the blue boxes are the spacers while the white ones are the picture frames.
5. Once you have set all the 12 pictures just set the clock machine at exactly the center of this sphere.
6. Write some quotes with a paintbrush inside the clock, if you want to or you can just paste stickers that I have attached in the link below.
Here is your amazing yet unique wall clock, which is cost-effective and trendy at the same time.
4. Rock bookends
Supplies you require:
• Metallic acrylic paints of your choice.
• Paint palette.
1. Take a rock that has a stable bottom, we need 2 such rocks.
2. The next step is to pour the paint inside the palette, dip the paintbrush into the water so that it gets moist and absorbs the paint.
3. Select the color you want to apply to the rock and dip the paintbrush into the paint.
4. Starting with the application process you can either give the rock a solo color or you can create an Ombre effect utilizing two colors, making sure to cover the entire rock perfectly.
5. After coloring the rock let it sit for 24 hours until the paint gets dried up.
6. Place the books between the two rocks.
There you go! Rock your book's space with these extraordinary rock bookends.